It is a legal requirement to hold a personal licence if you wish to sell alcohol or authorise the sale of alcohol. The personal license course is primarily for anyone working in hospitality, where licensable activities take place and where alcohol is served for consumption on or off the premises.
What does the training involve?
The course takes place over a single day and covers:
- How to apply for a personal licence
- Legal responsibilities of personal licence holders
- Why the Licensing Objectives are so important
- Understanding Licensable Activities
- Children and the law
- Police and local authority powers
- The operating schedule
- The premises licence
- Temporary event notices
- Trading Standards operations
- Price marking
How much does it cost to get qualified?
The cost of our personal license course is £136.80 inc. VAT. This covers the pre-course work, a handbook, the training, exam fees and the certificate (issued by the awarding body).
The cost of a Personal Licence Course APLH is £37.00 inc VAT – as from April 1st 2015, there is no expiry date on the personal licence. A CRB (DBS) check is £25.00 from www.disclosurescotland.co.uk